Raw Chocolate Banana Split Ice Cream
It started with pinterest. I saw a pin for chocolate ice cream and had a little tiny tinge of interest. Okay, may more than just a little teeny tiny bit, because I went right into the kitchen and started whipping together my own healthy version. And guess what?!! It really is amazing! And as always, it is gluten-free, sugar-free, soy-free and dairy-free, of course!
Raw Chocolate Banana Split Ice Cream Recipe Shopping List
- frozen bananas (peel them before freezing or life will be very frustrating!)
- almond, rice, or coconut milk
- pure vanilla extract or scooped out vanilla bean
- pitted dates (yes, take out the pits–I’ve learned that the hard way too
- raw cacao powder
- chopped nuts to sprinkle on top
Mix all ingredients (except chopped nuts) together in a blender until blended well. Pour into a glass bowl and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. I took mine out a little early-ugh, yes…I was maybe a little impatient. But it was still delicious!
Remove from freezer and scoop into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Makes 2 servings (unless you feel like being a pig of course –only speaking from experience, heh-heh!)
UPDATE: Here is a video tutorial on this Raw Chocolate Banana Split Ice Cream recipe, proving how simple and fast it is to make!